ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Manage and review of monthly closing and reporting information submitted to Corporate.
- Review and approval of all cash disbursements.
- Preparation of the annual budget for the business unit
- Assistance with the due diligence and financial integration of potential acquisitions
- Analyze cost controls and expenses to guide business decisions. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Interact with the President and other managers to provide consultative support as it relates to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements as set by Corporate
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Analyze significant contracts entered into in to by the business unit
- Manage financial related projects as they arise.
- Review journal entries including recurring journal entries and allocations, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Review audit backup for regional requirements and SOX / internal control testing.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to all hiring procedures in accordance with the company’s Hiring Policy and Procedures Guide.
- Ensure effective and efficient training procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Delegate and direct work duties as needed.
- Ensure periodic performance feedback is communicated to all staff and conduct annual performance evaluations as needed.
- Promote a positive working environment through appropriate recognition and reward programs.
- Handle and/or oversee all employee disciplinary actions.